AWE Tulsa Pro Women's Travel Stipend
Athletic Women Excel (AWE) Tulsa’ has made a $10,000 donation to Saint Francis Tulsa Tough to establish a Pro Women’s cycling team travel stipend. Professional women cyclists have fewer races on the USA Cycling National Calendar than their male counterparts, and the financial rewards for female cyclists are typically smaller than for men.
AWE Tulsa’s donation to Saint Francis Tulsa Tough will create a Pro Women’s cycling travel stipend that will help offset some of the traveling costs for Pro Women’s cycling teams who participate in Saint Francis Tulsa Tough criterium races.
To be eligible for the 2016 travel stipend, up to 10 qualifying teams must meet the following criteria:
- A women’s UCI or DET team.
- A minimum of four team members competing in the Pro, I, II races.
- Submit roster to Saint Francis Tulsa Tough by May 30, 2016.
- All members must check in with Saint Francis Tulsa Tough at registration on Friday, June 10.
- All members must compete in all three days of the competition (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) barring injury or crash.
NOTE: The Team Director will receive the travel stipend on Sunday, June 12 after conclusion of the race. The travel stipend does not include entry fees. Each team must pay their entry fee. Host housing is available.
Click here to download the application form or email email@example.com.
Additional information to include with the Application:
- Has your team raced at Saint Francis Tulsa Tough in the past? If so, which year(s)?
- Please include a team resume
- Which riders will be competing in Saint Francis Tulsa Tough?
- What is their race schedule this year?
- What, if anything, does their team do to promote women’s athletics?
- Will your team be available to visit a local Children’s Hospital or speak to small group regarding women’s athletics?